With the emergence of social media people are more engaged in the social media everyday as a part of their daily life. In the past few years many websites have integrated the functionality of allowing users to authenticate their website with social media accounts. It reduces the hassle of registration for users. For instance lets take facebook, there are over 1 billion user on facebook. If a website offered me some service but required me to register first then it would be easy for me to login with facebook.
With the social media login the registration process and login is just click of a button without sharing the password from the social media account.
Osclass plugins make it flexible to add more functionality to the site.
Adding social login osclass ?
Download the Osclasswizard’s SOCIAL LOGIN PLUGIN. Osclasswizard’s social login plugin for osclass is easy to install and setup.
1. Install the plugin and open the setting page.
2. If you see that Facebook, Twitter, Google has not been connected. Go to the respective settings page and insert the Client Id key and Client Secret key and save the settings.
How to connect Facebook API ?
1. Visit https://developers.facebook.com/apps and click Create New App
2. Add a new product as Facebook login
3. Choose the Platform as WWW
4. Add the Site URL ( as given on the social login plugin’s setting page )
5. Add the Valid OAuth redirect URI ( as given on the social login plugin’s setting page )
How to connect Twitter API ?
1. Create a twitter app at https://apps.twitter.com/
2. Add the website ( as given on the social login plugin’s setting page )
3. Add the callback url ( as given on the social login plugin’s setting page )
5. Next go to Permissions and in the Additional Permissions section check Request email addresses from users and save.
How to connect Google API ?
1. Create a google app at https://console.developers.google.com
2. Add a Google + API and enable it.
4. Add the Authorized redirect URIs ( as given on the social login plugin’s setting page )
NOTE: If you are testing SOCIAL LOGIN PLUGIN on local serve, then its recommended to use virtual host on the osclass installation. Example http://www.osclass.test/